Overall Ranking: 10 out of 10
Price: free to sign up
Owners: Ted Murphy
Thanks for visiting, without further ado, here is my IZEA Review. Similar to upworks, Izea is an another great platform for freelancers. This service is for websites looking to market themselves and for marketers looking to make extra cash marketing for others. IZEA is considering the world’s largest network to match content providers and advertisers
When coming into IZEA.com, you will be faced with 2 questions, sign in with your facebook account or create one with your email. I love one-click sign ups, companies are working with facebook to provide that, which makes it convenient and fast.
Check out my website design article in creating a great website, you will need one if you want to become a freelancer for IZEA. They require you to already have a blog so that you can blog for others.
Once signed in, you will need to fill out your profile, which is simply filling in a bio of yourself and answering questions relating to who you are and where you’re located. If you have a website to share, you will need to get it verified by adding a code on your website. I put it in this posts as an example below.
Everything said and done, you will get a list of people having work that needs to be done. Depending on your profile that you recently filled out, those jobs will be situated around your experiences. All you have to do is read the info, add something you offer and submit a bid. The bid can be what they are offering or what you want.
In the beginning, I recommend going for what they offer until you get a better reputation and can raise the bid to that reputation.
- It is a legit program, and your chances of getting real bids are high as they are well-reviewed and scrutinized before posting.
- There is an excellent and streamlined method of payment which is via PayPal. Although this could be a sort of limitation to the non-supporting country.
- They have a very straight forward format and requirements for their content writing.
- You can’t be left out in bidding as you regularly get email notifications each time there is any bid update. This saves you the stress of having to remain logged in all the time.
- You need to be a creative and avid writer so as to earn sufficient money.
- Your article needs approval before you can go ahead to post and this might be a turn-off to many bloggers as many don’t like this.
- You have to upgrade to the Standard or Pro membership plan to be able to qualify to post enough articles and be able to earn a decent income.
- The bidding prices are most often too small, so you need to be patient and work more before you can get a commission.
- Can’t use this platform if you do not have your own blog.
WHO IT IS FOR
It is for avid bloggers out there looking for extra cash to support their upfront website costs. When starting out, it can be very difficult when your site isn’t making any money yet. Organically ranking your site takes time, sometimes as much as 6 months to a year to start making a consistent income.
Training and tools are relatively simple. Took me only a few minutes to set up.
They have a help button with a question mark in the upper right-hand corner of the sponsorship marketplace where you can search up answers for your questions or submit a question to them personally.
IZEA has 3 main packages,
You should start with the free one and once you get work, you can build yourself up to the pro. I have personally found their packages to be very reasonable and inexpensive.
I really enjoy this company and find it a great tool to use to fund more lucrative adventures. Like most freelancing work, you do need to put an effort into it and already have a website to use. Getting paid to do what you already do anyways just seems to be a no-brainer
Just if you’re wondering what the line is below, Izea wants me to put it in here so they can track my work. If you have a website that you are currently working on, this is one way they will have you verify the site.
Check out my review on Wealthy affiliates, a community that pays it forward and believes in the ones they serve.