What is DNS?
DNS stands for (Domain Name Server) and is how your name connects with the location where your website files are. In order for this to happen your are going to have to tell your domain where the website files are located.
The name servers for Wealthy affiliate are always
In order for your domain property name to point to your web space, you need to tell it where the web space is. To do this, we use something called “Name servers”. A name server is simply an address that you need to point your domain property to in order for it to connect with your web space.
The place that you update your DNS settings, will depend on where you purchased your domain (Domain Registrar). This will likely be:
To Set up Your Domain Name Servers at GoDaddy, do the following:
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Next to Domains, click Launch.
- Select the domain name(s) you want to modify.
- From the Nameservers menu, select Set Nameservers.
- Under Setup type, select Custom.
- Select Add Nameservers.
- Enter the two WA Hosting nameserversPrimary: NS1.MYWAHOSTING.COM
- Click Save.
To Set up Your Domain Name Servers at NameCheap.com, do the following:
- Log in to your NameCheap account manager at:https://www.namecheap.com/myaccount/login-only.aspx
- Select Domain List from the left side menu and click on Manage button next to your domain:
3. Find Nameservers section and choose Customfrom the drop-down menu. Save changes using the corresponding icon:
- Then add the WA Hosting DNS settings to the Specify Custom DNS Servers section.
Again, here are the WA Hosting DNS settings:ns1.mywahosting.com
ns2.mywahosting.comClick Save Changes. You are all set, your DNS settings are updated and you can now create a website on WA Hosting.
To Set up Your Domain Name Servers
- Log in to your 1&! account manager at http://admin.1and1.com
- On the Administration Tab , Click Domains.
- Select the domain you want to host on your dedicated server and click Edit DNS Settings
- In the Edit DNS Settings section, under Basic DNS Settings, select My name sever. Then enter the primary and secondary name servers as: (make sure you put them in lower case)Primary: ns1.mywahosting.com
- Click OK to save your changes